Book registrations for FILAF 2020
Books sent will be examined by FILAF scientific committee selection.
This committee is composed by :
- Didier Brousse, Founder and Director Galerie Camera Obscura Paris (photography category)
- Ann Hindry, Director Renault's Art Collection (modern art category)
- Jean-Hubert Martin, Curator, former Director Centre Pompidou Paris and Khunstalle Vienne (fine arts category)
- Samuel Hoppe, Director Volume bookshop Paris (architecture category)
- Stéphane Corréard, Founder and Director of the Parisian art fair Galeristes (contemporary art category)
- Jean-Michel Frodon, Historian, Journalist et cinema Critic (cinema category)
- Hélène Joubert, Curator Musée du Quai Branly Paris (primitive arts category)
- Alba Zamolo, Director young bookshop Musée du Louvre Paris (youth category)
- Matthieu Conquet, Journalist and Produceur radio France Culture (music category)
For the books in competition, a jury renewed annually deliberates during the festival. The winners will be announced in June 2020 : one prize per category, but also the Golden FILAF, Silver FILAF and the Special Jury Prize all categories. These are honorary prizes.
As far as possible, FILAF will help to invite the author of each books in competition to present his work to the public during the festival.
An out-of-competition program completes the selection with readings, signatures and public discussions that the festival is particularly keen to highlight. For out of competition, there are no conditions for the year of publication.
1 / SENDING
You can send a press copy of your book to the following address :
4 bis place Grétry
2 / INFORMATION
Each film must be accompanied by the following informations :
- exact title and auther's name
- bibliography / biography of the author
- prices received
- synopsis (100 words maximum)
- date of publication
- contact details of the publisher and author
Deadline for the reception of the books : March 15th, 2020
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE OFFICIAL COMPETITION
1 / Books about the visual arts or other field having a strong link with the visual arts : books about an artist, a period, an artistic movement ... Exhibition catalogs and monographs are taken into consideration.
2 / Books published after March 2019.
3 / No translation or reprint.
4 / Publication in French or English only.
CRITERIA OF SELECTION OF THE JURY
1 / Originality of the subject
2 / Seriousness and relevance on the treatment of the content
3 / Aesthetic qualities : print, layout, choice of paper, etc.
4 / Capacity to popularize
There is no registration fee to submit a book.
All the books received become property of the Cogito association which organizes FILAF and will be kept as archives of each edition. No books will be returned.
If a book is held in competition, four additional hard copies will have to be provided to the jury for review.
If a publication is not selected for the competition, FILAF reserves the right to propose to the author to include it in the out-of-competition supplementary programming.